Wednesday, December 12, 2012

“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.”- Ernest Hemingway
In three days I begin a new adventure!  Twelve days in Costa Rica with my bicycle, my camping gear, my camera, a map, a guide book, and recommendations from a few friends.
Costa Rica has intrigued me for years, and here, at last, is my opportunity to see it from the seat of my bike - "Not behind glass", no schedule, no fixed plan.
Even the usual anxiety of trip preparation is subdued this time.  Anything I bring, I will have to carry on the bike.  That makes the pile a lot smaller!  Anything I don't bring, intentionally or unintentionally, I didn't need anyway.
I'm committed to learning, to contributing wherever I can during my visit, and to sharing what I experience while I am in Costa Rica.


No comments:

Post a Comment